Vlaznev Aleksey Ivanovich, Doctor of pedagogical sciences, professor, sub-department of physics and physics teaching technique, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. For the Russian pedagogy the problem of unsupervised work is not a new one. Moreover, despite the multi-aspect character and diversity of research approaches, the problem of student unsupervised work organization remains quite distant from being solved. There is no unity of views in pedagogical literature concerning the essence of unsupervised work, the teacher’s role and activity content are determined ambiguously in organization thereof, the method of unsupervised work monitoring are poorly developed, there is an acute lack of the research, regarding the influence of unsupervised work on students’ competences formation. The aim of the work is to consider unsupervised work as a factor student competence formation, to suggest the levels of students’ readiness and functions of knowledge checks, to develop a block diagram of the analysis of tasks for unsupervised completion.
Materials and methods. Realization of the research tasks was achieved on the basis of using a system of interconnected and complementary methods: analysis of philosophical, psychological and pedagogical, methodological literature on the subject matter.
Results. On the basis of the literary sources analysis the author specified the notion “unsupervised work”, suggested the levels of student readiness and knowledge check function, developed a block diagram of the analysis of tasks for unsupervised completion by students, studying design and technological disciplines (“Pedagogical education” program, Bachelor degree. “Technology” profile), revealed the competences as a result of unsupervised studying of the discipline “Technical creativity at school”, determined structural components of the competences.
Conclusions. The research of the problem allows to understand an interconnection of unsupervised work with the process of student competence formation by the example of solving design and technological problems, to determine a new direction of further studying of the scientific problem.
1. Zinov'ev S. I. Uchebnyy protsess v vysshey shkole [Education process at universities]. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 1988, 291 p.
2. Nikandrov N. D. Pedagogika vysshey shkoly [Pedagogy at universities]. Leningrad: Pedagogika, 1990, 437 p.
3. Pakulina S. A. Pedagogika i psikhologiya samostoyatel'noy raboty studentov v vysshey shkole [Pedagogy and psychology of unsupervised work of students at universities]. Chelyabinsk: Filial Moskovskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta, 2007, 182 p.
4. Slastenin V. A. Pedagogicheskie zadachi i situatsii po teorii i metodike vospitaniya [Pedagogical problems and situations in the theory and methodology of education]. Moscow: MGPI, 1991, 8 p.
5. Dolzhenko O. V., Shatunovskiy V. L. Sovremennye metody i tekhnologii obucheniya v tekhnicheskom vuze: metod. posobie [Modern methods and technologies of teaching at technical universities: learner’s guide]. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 1999, 191 p.
6. Tel'tevskaya N. V., Karasev S. A. Diagnosticheskaya funktsiya proverki i otsenki znaniy uchashchikhsya [Diagnostic function testing and evaluation of students' knowledge]. Saratov: Nauka, 2011, 162 p.
7. Vlazneva S. A. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region Gumanitarnye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Humanities]. 2011, no. 4, pp. 130–136.
8. Walstad W. B. Journal of Economics Education. 2001, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 281–294.
9. Buckles S., Siegfried I. I. Journal of Economic Education. 2006, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 48–57.